A true Texan, Ms. Szygenda was born in Nacogdoches, Texas, raised on a ranch in East Texas, attended college at the University of Texas at Austin, and obtained her law degree from Baylor University School of Law. After graduating from law school in 2000, Ms. Szygenda spent four years as an associate at a local Dallas law firm representing regulated entities, and then accepted a position at the national law firm of McGlinchey Stafford, PLLC, where she practiced for nearly fifteen years in its commercial litigation group.
Ms. Szygenda joined Lillard Wise Szygenda PLLC as Of Counsel in 2019 and handles commercial and general litigation matters in both state and federal courts.
Professional and Civic Affiliations
- Member, State Bar of Texas (2000)
- Admitted to the United States District Courts for the Northern, Eastern, Western and Southern Districts of Texas and the Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- Trustee, Preston Hollow Presbyterian School
- Consumer Communications: How to Call, Text, Chat, Email, and Push your Way through the Federal and State Legal Landscape, 2018 Consumer Finance Legal Conference, New Orleans, LA, co-presenter
- A Collection Country Two Step—Exploring Reasonable Investigations Under FCRA, July 25, 2018, ACA International Annual Convention, Nashville, TN, co-presenter
- Consumer Financial Services Answer Book, 2017, Practising Law Institute, contributing author
- TCPA/Class Actions, State Bar of Texas 2016 Advanced Consumer & Commercial Law Course, speaker and co-author of corresponding paper
- An Overview of the Federal Telephone Consumer Protection Act, State Bar of Texas 2014 Advanced Consumer & Commercial Law Course, co-author of paper included with CLE
- Fair Credit Reporting Act Update, Consumer Finance Law, Quarterly Report, Spring & Summer 2011, co-author
- J.D., Baylor University School of Law, 2000
- B.S., University of Texas at Austin, 1997